North Dakota Homes For Sale – Find Your Dream Home With Us

Search for Homes in Your Area

Hatch specializes in helping you find your dream home in Fargo/Moorhead, Grand Forks/East Grand Forks, Bismarck/Mandan, Detroit Lakes, and Fergus Falls.

Search Our Area Listings Get in Touch With Our Team

nd-expensive-homes

North Dakota Homes For Sale – Find Your Dream Home With Us

North Dakota is a breathtaking place. Though it’s not very populated, a lot of people have it on their bucket list as destinations to see before they die. It certainly has a lot to offer, from its extreme cold to its stunning sky, but its geography can be a little daunting. The state is a massive rectangle with a narrow waist and is shaped like a tadpole. However, due to its long, dark winters, most people only see the rugged, windy plains in winter.

But there is so much more to North Dakota than its bleak winter landscape. With some of the country’s best universities, bustling metropolises, and charming small towns, it is a destination that is definitely worth visiting. If you’re looking for a new home in North Dakota, there are plenty of options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a traditional family home or an urban oasis, we’ve got you covered.

The Quiet Countryside

Traditionally, North Dakota has been very rural; only 3.8% of its land is considered urbanized. The remaining 96.2% is devoted to farming and ranching. Though surrounded by large cities, including Minneapolis and Saint Paul, North Dakota remains a very quiet place. Only 14.3% of its residents live in cities, and the rest are mostly in small townships or rural areas.

With a population less than half that of neighboring Minnesota, North Dakota feels a little more isolated. It has a large number of towns that are considered ‘bucolic’ – meaning that they are characterized by tree-lined streets, cobbled sidewalks and brick buildings – which add to its charm.

nd-expensive-homes

Our Listing Areas

Search for Homes in Fargo-Moorhead

Fargo-Moorhead

Search Now

Search for Homes in Bismarck

Bismarck-Mandan

Search Now

Search for Homes in Grand Forks

Grand Forks/East Grand Forks

Search Now

Search for Homes in Lakes Area

Fergus Falls & Lakes Area

Search Now

City Living

It is certainly possible to live a happy, comfortable life in North Dakota. If you chose the right home, with good planning and proper maintenance, you can ensure that it will provide you with the amenities and comforts you need for a peaceful, comfortable life. Here are some of the things you should look for in a home in North Dakota.

Amenities

No matter where you choose to live in North Dakota, you will have access to shops, restaurants and other amenities. The biggest, maybe even the only shopping mall in the area should have everything you need, from popular brands to obscure superstitions. If you live in a small town, there may not be a shopping mall, but there will be other shops and restaurants nearby.

nd-expensive-homes

 

Climate

The climate in North Dakota can be harsh, especially in the winter. Daytime temperatures can dip to lows, while at night they can rise quickly. With plenty of snowfall, cold winds and moisture in the air, sweat will be visible on almost everyone. So, it’s important to make sure that your home is up to code and has all the necessary insulation. Also, if you live in a colder climate, make sure your home is equipped with proper heating, especially in the winter. With some of the nation’s highest energy costs, many people avoid living in North Dakota because they cannot afford to heat their home adequately. But you should not let this be a concern; we have all heard of the ‘North Star’, and how some people have chosen to live in a teepee because they like the cold weather.

nd-expensive-homes