Are You Ready to Sell Your Home?
Is it time for you to sell your home and your not sure where to begin? Don’t worry, The Hatch Realty Team is here to help you every step of the way.
For starters, we will go over the basics of the traditional sales process outlined below.
Traditional Sale Guide
Why Do You Want to Sell?
For starters, you want to know the reason why you are selling your home. Are you looking to upgrade, downgrade, or get a return on your investment? It is important for you to nail down exactly why you are selling your home so you can prepare yourself for the reality of putting your home on the market.
When Do You Want to Sell?
You know what they say, “Timing is Everything” and you want to make sure your timing is right. The Hatch Realty Team can help you decide what the current climate of the market is and when the best time for you to sell your home and buy a replacement may be.
Preparing Your Finances
One of the most important aspects of selling your home is getting a good handle on your current financial situation and what you plan to do after the sale of your home. The Hatch Realty Team will help you navigate how to get the most money for your sale and the most bang for your buck when purchasing your new home.
Determining Your Property Value
It is important for you to have an accurate value for your home before you put it on the market. This way you will have an idea of what you can list your home for in comparison to what you paid or currently owe. The Hatch Realty Team will help you with this process and will ensure you are starting off on the right foot.
Preparing For Showtime
Showing your home can be one of the most fun and exciting aspects of the entire sales process. It allows you to take pride in what you have and “show off” a little bit. Here are a few helpful tips to make sure your home is ready for the show:
- First impressions are important. You want to make sure that your home looks great as soon as potential buyers are pulling down your street. “Curb Appeal” is everything and you want your landscaping to be groomed, the driveway free of any oil spots, and the property cleared of any clutter or trash.
- A clean home, is a happy home. Having a clean home for showings is very important because it gives potential buyers an idea of how the home looks at it’s very best. So, break out the cleaning supplies and get to work making sure every nook and cranny is spotless. Also, get rid of all unnecessary clutter, trash, and unwanted items to maximize the positive effect your first impression can have.
- Make yourself scarce. Potential buyers don’t want the homeowner around during a showing breathing down their neck, so it is best for the house to be empty. Try to plan the showings around when you and your family will naturally be out of the house or maybe take a little weekend road-trip!
Time For Negotiation
Someone wants to buy your home, congratulations! Sometimes you will get lucky and get the perfect offer, but in most cases there is going to be a bit of back and forth to make sure everyone is happy. The negotiations usually revolve around terms, conditions and pricing. The Hatch Realty Team will help you navigate all of those details and will provide guidance when it comes to selling your home for the best price.
Once an official offer is agreed upon, you will enter what is called the “Conditional Period.” This time will encompass a few things that come into play before your home is officially sold. These might include the following:
- Buyer’s mortgage approval.
- Home inspections and repairs.
- Home insurance approval.
The Hatch Realty Team is well-versed in this process and will help you negotiate as needed during this time period. Once everything is set and all of the boxes are checked, you’ll be ready to seal the deal in closing!
Time to Say Goodbye
Before you turn over the keys, there are a few things that need to be wrapped up. Usually there will be a final walk-through either a few days before or on closing day. This is done to ensure that everything is still in good condition and working order. It is a good idea to make sure you have everything moved out of the house before the final closing day, that way there is nothing holding up the process. Once the title transfer process and paperwork is complete, it is time to celebrate because you sold your home!